Monday, January 19, 2015

Where I Am

I have trying to write this post for nearly a month now. I would write it, then go back and rewrite it, then delete it and start over from the beginning again.

2014 was a very rough year for me. Professionally my job completely changed 4 times without any real notice or say on my part (all with in the same company). Personally. . . it was just bad. My anxiety has been the worst it has been since college and my OCD crossed the line between being a quirk and bring a problem more times than I care to admit.  I try to keep the personal to a minimum here (which I'd funny, seeing that this blog started out as a place for me to vent), but I couldn't keep my crappy year from infecting what was once my happy place. 

Even when I tried to give it my all things felt half-assed, and I'm sorry for that.

The crappy year was topped off with problems with my internet provider and then problems with my computer.  I started to think it was all a sign that maybe it was time to give up on this here blog of mine.  I tried and tried to write a farewell post, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Turns out in not ready to give it up just yet. 

Now I find myself in a bit of a predicament. . . my anxiety is still at a level that I am not comfortable with and out of pure frustration, I canceled my internet service, oh yeah, and my laptop is still acting up (1 month out of warranty). So while I'm not ready to give up on this here blog just yet, I'm not exactly in the best place to keep it going. 

What's a girl to do?

Well, I'm taking what I'm calling a working hiatus.  I'm taking some time to work out the technical issues, refocus, and reevaluate.  I'm not sure when I'll be back to regular postings, but while on my working hiatus I will drop by occasionally with a DIY, recipe, party idea, etc. . . something worthy of having hijack a friend's computer for the day in order to post (I'm looking at you Kelly).

On a personal note, while overall last year super sucked, there were a few bright spots - my baby sister graduated, moved back south and found her dream job, I finally took a jewelry fabrication class and fell in love with silversmithing, and I had my first booth in a craft / vintage show.

For the few of you who actually stuck around through that craptastic 2014 - I can't thank you enough. And if your loyalty can hold out a bit longer, I will do my best to bring you a bright and shiny refreshed Laurendy Home. . .

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

You absolutely can highjack my computer or even my iPad!