Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Great British Hamper Company Mystery

So you may or may not know this about me, but I have a thing for picnic baskets. I have this dream of having this perfect picnic on this perfect green field and all I need is the perfect basket to make it happen.

So I was super excited when I spotted bunch of beautiful wicker picnic baskets at the local Marshalls. They were from The Great British Hamper Company and they were pretty much the picnic baskets of my dreams! Each basket was basically a small wicker suitcase with leather and brass details filled with all you needed for a meal al fresco (minus the food).  There were 3 basket options: a basket for wine lovers, a basket for cheese tasting, and a classic picnic basket. . .

I fell for the cheese tasting basket, but the store only had one and the corner of it looked like it had been crushed, it was Marshalls after all. . . So I checked another Marshalls, then T.J.Maxx, then Homegoods. Each time there was an issue - broken hinge, missing accessories, torn lining.

Finally I gave up and decided to just go home and order one online, I took a quick picture of the tag for reference and headed home to start the search. . . That's where the mystery starts, I googled The Great British Hamper Company and got nothing. . . nada. . . zip. . . zero.

The only proof I have that this company even exists is the cell phone photo I took of the tag. And so the search continues. . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found two of them today at TJ MAXX to use for a Dinner Auction, they were marked down to $10 ea. I looked up the name to see if they really did retail for $70!? And then I found you! I am just happy to find a "basket" at a good price and I will fill them up with various things.

Laurendy said...

I'm thinking I'm going to have to go back and check out Marshalls again - if I can find one for $10 I would totally be willing to overlook a little ding here or there. (I guess I'm also kinda glad that I'm not alone in trying to solve the mystery).

Anonymous said...

I've also been searching for this same company-I purchased 2 of the hampers/baskets-from TJ Maxx-for $10.00-very shocked that they hadn't sold-because all the contents were there and they are in pretty good shape..I plan on using them for Christmas gifts-stocked with gourmet crackers/wine- cheese etc..

Unknown said...

http://boltongrouplondon.com/picnic-hampers/