Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dumping Grounds

I am always losing my keys* or my phone or both or. . . well, if you can name it there is a good chance I've misplaced it. I've bought silly little baskets with the intention of them being my little catch-all, but then I misplace the basket (true story). 

So instead of buying yet another ugly little basket that I'll never use I decided to make my own little catch-all bowl from things I already had -


I bought two of these cute little blue matte bowls at the Dollar Tree a few years ago. I used them as Emmett's food and water bowls until a little cat vs. dog battle took place in my kitchen resulted with one of them cracking right down the middle. 

I loved the stupid little bowl so it end a single hanging out in the back of my cabinet, until I decided to call back into action.  All I did was take a round sponge brush and some gold enamel paint, add some dot action and BOOM! I've got a new dumping ground. One that I hopefully won't lose because it is just so darn cute.

*my keys have been found in the freezer on more than one occasion.

No comments: