Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Living Without Cable, an Update

It has been nearly 3 months before I first wrote about cutting the cable and I figured it was time for an update.

Things were going well, just like I had posted before, until Thanksgiving day. . .

I decided on Thanksgiving to move some things around, I moved my tv to another wall and with that went all my stations. . . well all except for CBS, but only if you sat up really straight on the sofa and didn't move (and I'm so not joking). So the next day I moved everything back to the where it had been, but it was too late, my tv had lost it's mojo.

Even though everything is back exactly where it was before I am only getting in CBS and sometimes NBC, MY33 hints that it might come in, but then NO SIGNAL and ION does the same.

Yeah, so I'm living with 1 working station. . . and it is driving me crazy.

I plan on switching the living room with the dining room come the new year, and I pray that antenna picks up more stations again once the switch-a-roo takes place. If it doesn't work, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. . . I have looked into getting very very very basic cable, I've looked into getting a dish. . . I think I will most likely try a amplified antenna before I move onto any sort of subscription servce.

So that's where I stand at the moment. I really really really don't want to get cable, but only getting 1 station just isn't cutting it.

No comments: