Monday, August 29, 2011

World's Longest Yard Sale

My mom, aunt and I attended the 127 Sale (a.k.a the World's Longest Yard Sale) at the beginning of August. It's been something we've been wanting to do for years. In the 4 official days of the sale we only managed to cover Tennessee, we found out later that some areas had been open and selling for weeks beforehand, and some closed up early.



This was the scariest little "general store" I have ever been in (the outside wasn't bad, it was the rotting inside that made it so scary), but it was 100 degrees and they had ice cream, so I braved it.



The Vegas Steakhouse & Bar in Crossville, TN, food here was super yummy - and a plus, Cari from HGTV's Cash & Cari was having dinner just a few tables away.



Tinnnnnnnnnnnnn Roof, Rusted (I couldn't help myself)





They wanted $20 a piece for these guys! Crazy, I know.



I wanted this bike sooooooooo bad - couldn't you picture Emmett riding around in the basket on the back, but it was too big to drag home.



This was the 5th HGTV camera crew to hit this one vender - which happened to be the only shabby chic booth I saw on the entire trip.

_______________________________


I didn't find nearly as many treasures as I thought I would - in fact I spent under $100 (not including lodging and food, of course). We had a good time, and I'm glad we did it, but I don't think do it again.



No comments: