Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holiday Feasting - My Go-To Retro Appetizer

The holiday season is upon us. And along with those holidays come the holiday parties, dinners, and open houses. And along with those holiday parties, dinners, and open houses come the "oh, just bring an appetizer "requests(because, of course, you just had to offer to bring something). . . And for those times I have a few super easy appetizer recipes up my sleeve.

There is a chance that I may have posted this recipe here before, but it's a good one so here we go. . .

Super Simple Artichoke Dip

My mother has been making this recipe since the early 1970s (hence the retro post title) and it is always been a major hit.

All you need:

  • a standard size can of artichoke hearts
  • 1 cup of mayo
  • 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (or as my roommate calls it, "sprinkle cheese")
  • some crackers

First drain your artichoke hearts and then chop them up. How finely you chop them is totally up to you, personally I chop the heck out of those suckers. Next you mix the chopped artichoke, mayo and cheese together in a mixing bowl and then spread the mixture into a shallow baking dish (my mom uses a glass pie pan). Shove the dip under the broiler for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it starts to bubble and brown. Let the dip cool (seriously, I have majorly burned my lips from this dip in the past) and serve with crackers.

I sometime prepare the dip at home but wake to put it under the broiler until I reach the party, it travels well.

No comments: