Thursday, May 13, 2010

Backyard Plans

I've got this huge yard that I'm currently unable to do anything with. My side yard sorta looks like a used car lot, my backyard is full of piles of wood, rocks, and sand, and my poor gazebo is being used for storage. . . it's just a mess. . . and it's driving me crazy. While there is nothing I can do about it at the moment, I can dream -


See how pretty it can all be? While a lot of the above (super crappy) rendering are in place, there is still a ton that needs to be done.

Currently have:
  • Trees: large mango (center-ish), small oak (bottom left corner), medium sea grape (top left corner)
  • Gazebo with paver patio (big black thing on the left)
  • Pineapple Garden with misc plantings (upper right corner)
  • Tiki god (teal circle under the sea grape tree)
  • White Cement Bench (next to the Pineapple Garden)
  • Ornamental Grasses (small green blobs at the top between the mango and sea grape)

Would like to have:
  • Grass (everywhere)
  • Fire Pit Circle (upper right) - got the fire pit for Christmas, just need additional seating
  • Raise Pepper Garden (lower right corner)
  • Grilling Pad (between the gazebo and the mango tree) - I already have the grill, I just need a place for it to live
  • Small Paver Patio outside backdoor (center) - this would require I change out my kitchen window for a backdoor
  • Random Paver Pathway (between the gazebo and house)
I have a feeling that it's going to be a long time before my plans can take shape. . .

No comments: