Monday, April 13, 2009

Time to Get to Work

I have been think, and planning, and rethinking, and replanning my back yard for a while now, but I was completely unprepared for what happened Friday night.

My mom called and told me that she and my dad would be down to pick me up in about 20 minutes to go pick out pavers for my patio. . .

Pick out pavers! I had even decided if I wanted pavers yet, or where exactly it was going to go, or what my budget was, and they were on their way, NOW! The down side of free manual labor is that sometimes you have work on their timetable, not yours.

So I sat myself down and did a very quick, very rough sketch of my back yard -



and then we were off to Home Depot. After some quick compare, price figuring, and a little bit on eeny, meeny, miney, moe I choose to go with 12inch square stepping stones. They worked out to be the cheapest and least amount of work (smaller required too much precision, larger were just too heavy to haul without a lot of help).