I love me some pasta and as a good old (half) Italian girl, 80% of the dinners I make at home include some sort of pasta.
So I set forth to make a healthy pasta option for myself.
What you need:
- whole wheat pasta
- fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 4 baby portabella mushrooms
- 6 or 7 baby carrots
- 1/4 cup soy crumbles
- small can of tomato sauce
All you have to do is brown, add & stir. . .
- Cook a single serving of whole wheat pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Time to make the sauce: Microwave your baby carrots for about a minute, then along with the mushrooms, give them a good chop.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and soy crumbles to a pan and brown.
- Once everything is nice and cooked through add the small can of tomato sauce (if you want things a little thicker, you don't have to use the whole can)
- Stir in the whole wheat pasta and mix it all up.
- Serve with a sprinkling of the fat-free cheese. . .
There you go, a healthier pasta option.
(Oh, and sorry for the crappy cell phone photos)