Friday, March 14, 2014

DIY: St. Patty's Day Ombre Paper Chain Garland

 
I realized that St. Patty's Day was only a few days away and I totally didn't have any decorations up!
The 1/4 Irish part of me was not happy, so I through together a quick little garland to remedy the problem. 
 
I've been wanting to make an ombre paper chain for a while and it turned out to be one of the easiest crafts I've ever made.
 
 
All you need is at least 3 pieces of cardstock in 3 shades of the same color*, a pair of scissors and a stapler.
 
*Craft stores generally make this very simple by organizing all their scrapbook paper in gradating color, so just choose 3 or 4 colors in a row.
 
Okay, so now you just cut the cardstock into strips that are roughly 1 by 6 inches and then make a paper chain, starting with the darkest color first and the lightest color last. . . and there you go, an ombre paper chain garland!
 
 
Now hang that puppy up and drink some green beer (or not).



No comments: