Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pretend Peanut Butter Milkshake

I have a major weakness for peanut butter milkshakes. . . I love peanut butter milkshakes like Aston Kutcher used to love trucker hats (dated reference, I know). But as of late I have been trying to eat healthier and avoiding things like peanut butter milkshakes. I've been on a smoothie kick and it had been keeping the peanut butter milkshake cravings at bay. . .

But then one Thursday night I couldn't take it anymore! I had to have a peanut butter milkshake! The guilt was killing me while I was searching the house for my car keys (I lose them. . . a lot), when the thought hit me - why don't I just make a peanut butter "milkshake" with my on hand smoothie supplies?! I had seen people make these faux shakes on Instagram and Pinterest, so I knew it could be done, and it turns out it is super simple!

 
All you need is 1 and a half frozen bananas, a big scoop of peanut butter (I used honey roasted), some vanilla almond milk, and a blender.
 
Take your bananas, break them into chunks and drop in your blender (you want to use a banana and a half to make it extra creamy). Next take a nice size scoop of your peanut butter and plop it down on top of your bananas (it totally up to personal preference on how much peanut butter you use).  Then just cover the bananas and peanut butter with vanilla almond milk and blend until nice and creamy. . .
 
That's it. . . you just made a pretend peanut butter milkshake! It really is that easy, and it really does taste like the real deal.

No comments: