I'm not big on Valentine's Day, but this year I decided to embrace the heart. So I made a bunch of simple heart shaped brooches to wear and give out on the 14th - and you can make some too!
- colored phone crashed sheets and pink and red
- a fine tip tip marker
- pin backs
- loaded hot glue gun
- optional - glitter, glue (or glitter glue) paint, metallic marker, sequins, whatever you have on hand
1. Use your Sharpie to freehand draw hearts on your craft foam, aim to make them around 2 inches square (much smaller and they'll be hard to cut out much, bigger and you run out of craft foam to quickly)
2. Use your scissors to carefully cut out your hearts, then decide on a front and a back
3. Now it's time for the fun part - decorating! Use your glitter glue and what not and go to town on those bad boys (or you can just leave them blank), if your real crazy you can go ahead and glue two of the hearts together overlapping.
4. When you're happy with your little hearts use your hot glue gun to attach the pin backs.
Now you've got yourself a bunch of little heart pins to give out to all your Valentines, give them out as they are or packaging them up for the Cupid's big day