Tuesday, September 11, 2012

DIY Wood & Glass Cloche

 
I've been wanting to do a DIY cloche for some time.  I was inspired by this one over at Design Sponge from back in 2009 and this more recent one from Country Living.  I liked the idea from Design Sponge of a base and I liked the idea of a finial from Country Living.  So I did my best to combine them.
 
Supplies:
  • stemless wine glass (picked up at Dollar Tree)
  • wooden ball (found at A.C.Moore)
  • small wooden plate (also found at A.C.Moore)
  • E-6000 glue
  • wood stain in a color of your choice
  • sandpaper
I started by sanding a spot on the wooden ball flat. Then I stained the ball and the wooden plate so they would match (the plate took a lot more stain). Then I glued the newly flat side of the ball  to the bottom of the stemless wine glass, waited for it to dry, place the upside down glass on the plate and . . .

 
BOOM! You've got yourself a super simple, super cute (if I do say so myself) cloche.
 
All you have left to do is find something fun to keep in it.


No comments: