Friday, August 3, 2012

Printed In Sweden

I know I've mentioned "The Map" before.  A giant old school map in some other language that I picked up at the ReStore for $4.99. . . The map that spent at least a year hiding behind my china cabinet and then another 6 months on it's side leaning against the wall in my dining room. . .

Well the map has finally taken it's rightful place above the sofa in the living room ('bout darn time) -

I know, those curtains need an upgrade. . .

Like every other thing that actually gets done in my house, the map finally got hung because my dad showed up one morning and said "Hey, we're going to hang that giant map today". . . I protested, I was afraid to hang it - it was old, you could see that had be some damage done from where it had been hung in the past, and I didn't want to drill holes through it (the thing is an inch thick, so framing it was never an option.  My dad had thought of that and brought these weird little U brackets that the map just sits in at the bottom to hold the weight and then loosely screwed two large headed screws (that sounds kinda dirty) through the existing holes at the top to keep it from toppling forward. . .

Once the map was on the wall I spotted a tiny little "Printed In Sweden" marking, the only bit in English on the entire map, so I'm going to assume that "The Map" is in Swedish. . .

No comments: