Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DIY Paper Ball Vase Filler

I bought a glass vessel at Home Good a few years ago and it was quickly shoved in a closet because I didn't know what I fill it with. . . so when I came upon it again while I was cleaning out said closet, I decided that it was too awesome to keep hidden away. . . so I made my own filler -

And you can make yourself some too -



Step 1: gather your supplies; scissors, circle paper punch (it's not the end of the world if you don't have one, you can always just free hand it with your scissors), sticker maker (or glue stick), & some old security envelopes

Step 2: cut open the envelopes

Step 3: punch out some circles (out of the envelopes)

* you need at least six circles


Step 4: fold all the circles in half, printed sides inward

Step 5: run the folded circles through the sticker maker so that there is glue on one side (or use a glue stick)

Step 6: peel off one folded circle and attach it to another folded circle, and so on and so forth, until you have a half circle stack

Step 7: turn that stack into a ball by sticking the bottom of the stack to the top of the stack

and then

Whamo, you've got yourself a weird little paper ball and then repeat steps 1 through 7 again and again, and again, and again, and again, etc. . . until you have enough weird little paper balls to fill whatever needs filling.

No comments: