Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bonus Room Update - Layout Questions

So I got the room painted the weekend before last and then this past weekend I shoved my desk / table in there and set my sewing machine up so I could work on my niece's Halloween costume -



Elsie is very happy with the table's current location under the window but I'm not so sure it is going to stay there. The plan is to use the little table as my craft table / desk and add one of the vintage wooden lockers my mom picked up and most likely this super cheap sofa bed (if you can even call it that) from Ikea -




Please excuse world's worst example of photoshop editing


Now that I have a pretty good idea of what is going in the room, I have to figure out where to put it. I would like to keep one of the white walls free to use a back drop for photography. I've come up with a few possibilities (note that the sketches are not to scale) -


A.


B.


C.


Figure A makes the most since, but I would really like my desk on the wall with the window (bottom of the sketch). Maybe I could use the short wall next to the closet as backdrop. I don't know. . . Maybe I should just get the furniture in there and start moving it around. . . what do you think?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I like option "A."

Can your mom also find me some vintage lockers?