Monday, March 21, 2011

Pre Laurendy Home Days Blogging

I was doing some digital cleaning and I came across a post a wrote one one of my preLaurendy Home blogs (there were many) and I found this -

Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Super Sadness

I've been seriously looking at houses (and condos) lately. My mother and I did our own little "House Hunters" day with agent - 8 hours - 9 properties.

It was exhausting but thrilling at the same time, and I found my dream house - a little mid-century modern with org. cabinetry and lots of charm. For the past ten days all I could think about was this house and my many plans for it - paint chip, fabric swatches, and all those tasty tidbits ran through my head 24/7. I didn't sleep
for over a week, as all the "i"s were dotted and the "t"s crossed and then . . . some butt-hole beat me to it!!!

Somewhere between the bank and lawyer and the signing of many pages someone stole my dream house out from under me, and I was (am) sad/angry/violent. . . but then something else happened, last night when I went to bed - I actually fell asleep.

So maybe I'm not ready for my dream house, maybe I need to maybe look at something a bit simpler for now.

It wasn't very long after that I put an offer in on another house (again, one I didn't get) that led me to start this very blog.

No comments: