Friday, January 14, 2011

Local Love: Muddy Waters in Deerfield Beach

Anywhere else a pirate themed bar would be considered low rent, but this isn't anywhere else. . . this is South Florida baby! And we don't joke about pirates.






Seriously though, don't let J Byrd's Muddy Waters' decor fool you into thinking you are at some tacky bar with cheap beer and crappy food. A few miles from the beach this is where the locals go to get away from the tourists (though they've been around so long that they're no longer a real "local secret").

I've never eaten anything there that I didn't enjoy, the seafood is some of the freshest around (that says a lot seeing that it's South Florida that we're talking about), and their 48oz Partritas. . . let's just say there may have been a time or two in my younger days that I woke up on the beach and didn't remember how I got there. . .

My personal Muddy Waters favorites are the Ruby's Peck Escargot and the Trio of Mudd's Own Fish Tacos. . . YUM!

I borrowed the photos from their website. I tried to take my own, but after two Nutty Monkeys they came out like this -

No comments: