Monday, May 17, 2010

Mulch of Another Color

I was wondering around my local Lowes last week, checking out shed when I stumbled upon black mulch. I've always been a red mulch girl, but not so much by choice, more so because that what I've always had. . . and to be honest, I didn't know there was other options. But now all of a sudden my yard is screaming out for black mulch. My biggest worry is that black mulch will get too hot in the harsh south Florida summer sun, and that it will fad too quickly. The reviews I have read have been mixed. Now I was told that there is also a dark brown mulch option, so maybe I should give that a try. . .

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We use cedar mulch that has no dyes and deflects some bugs. I love the idea of black mulch because the plants really pop against the black background. Good luck with your backyard plans!!