Sunday, July 6, 2008

Shop 'til You Drop

and I dropped!

My mom and I are shoppers, but my aunt and my cousin take shopping to a whole new level. On vacation, they once spent nearly 6 hours in a Burlington Coat Factory. While my mom and I a power shoppers, they are endurance shoppers. . . and they wore me out!!

First we hit the GLCC flea market, you can tell it's summer because there were half the normal amount of vendors, but there still was some great finds. My cousin bought me the coolest birthday present(s), but I can't share them until my birthday (cause they're not really mine until Friday).

Next we hit the Fort Lauderdale ReStore - if you are looking for lots and lots and lots of oak cabinets - it's the store for you! There were some great Starbucks style pendant lights, but nothing that would really work in my soon-to-be-mine house, so we left ReStore empty handed.

Then it was off to To the Moon in Wilton Manors, the best candy/toy/adult novelty store in the world! Antonio, the owner remembers everyone who has ever been in his store, and even though we had only brought my aunt there once before (almost a year ago) he remembered her the second she walked in the door, "Oh, it's the Southern Baptist, this is going to be fun". If you are ever in the area, you have to check it out. My cousin and I decided to buy a nice sample of crazy English chips; Prawn Cocktail, Thai Sweet Chili, Steak & Onion, Steak Sauce, and Chicken. We're going to see which one makes us sick first.


I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: