Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bush Wacked

A trimming we will go. . .


My dad is a little crazy - when he decides to start a large (very large in some cases) he doesn't just start them, he finishes them in record time, drags the rest us into him madness, and completely ignoring the long list of projects that he has already started. Now, this isn't a bad thing, but he generally makes these decisions at 5:30 on a week night after we've all worked 9 hours days.

Monday night was no exception - the task that night? Take about 150 linear feet of 8-9 foot tall ficus bushes down to 5 feet tall, in an evening. . . You can't really tell in the photo above, but that pile was 7 feet high about about 25 feet long. . . and to top it all off, I got bit by a spider :(

I can't wait for my dad to turn some of his energy on to my soon-to-be-mine house, until then he said that this was just a practice run for my place (also surrounded by ficus). . .

yeah, I think I might just have to hire someone for that part. . .

No comments: