Friday, June 13, 2008

the Little Costs

"Money (That's What I Want)" by Flying Lizards has been running through my head the last few days. I sorta of knew what to expect when I started this whole buying a house thing. I knew that there would have to be lots of money upfront, but in my head I was lumping all the costs together - one big out bound sum. In reality it is lots of little checks going out to make up that sum.

It's the same amount of money either way. I guess it just seems more personal having to write out tons of checks out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry with their hands out.

Don't even get me started on the repair estimates. By the time I'm done with impact windows and an a/c I won't be able to afford to buy furniture, even at Ikea.

But it will all be worth it, because in the end I will OWN my own house!

No comments: