Sunday, June 8, 2008

the Big Door Store

My mother, aunt, and I had an all day shopping bonanza yesterday. I'm pinching my pennies so I spent all of 50 cents, but we had a lot of fun.

My aunt needs new front doors, so we headed to this spooky door factory down in Ft. Lauderdale. My aunt wanted a door with impact glass, so her options were limited, she had a total of 7 glass inserts to choose from and it didn't take her long to make up her mind. So while she and the salesman went to the office to write up the order, my mom and I wandered around the spooky showroom/warehouse.







It will be quite some time before I can afford new doors for my house, but I did get some ideas.
.....................................................................................
Besides the door store, we hit the Wilton Manors monthly flea market at the GLCC. My aunt bought my a milk glass urn for $2 (early house warming gift), I bought myself a milk glass shaving mug for $.50 . . . and my mom, well she bought this:


yeah, I know. . .

No comments: